Monday, April 1, 2019

NaPoWriMo April 2019

It's April again. Time for me to put my thinking cap on and post every day.

Being Stardust

Thanks to Katie Mack

It is any night and you are stardust.
Yes, you are made of stars. Yes, you.
All the carbon, oxygen, and nitrogen that is in you,
that was all made in stars; atoms that a star forged inside itself
or at the moment of its unimaginably violent death, are in you.
Most of your atoms were forged in the Big Bang itself. And you
are the ashes of the Big Bang. At every imaginable level, you are
a creation of the Universe, vast and beautiful.
So if we start as ashes of the Big Bang, it only seems right
that we also end as ashes; to become that which we were.

To think most are missing out on all this wonder; that is so
their loss.


© 2018

No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...