Friday, April 5, 2019

Day 5 - NaPoWriMo

Eyes (No Sight)


I cannot see my end, only the path on which I walk
towards the future. There is no hint of pain,
no possibility of immortality, only death. Even if I close my eyes,
the end is real, however unwelcome and regretful.
It is beyond the end I want to see and those I leave behind,
to know that they’ll be safe and will not crumble
when I leave.

It is the river I want to cross, the mountain I want to climb,
the poetry I want to see in books in the hands of others
on a wintery day or a moonlight night sitting on a dock
by a lake I’ve only imagined calming my anxious mind
with an end I cannot see beyond. My eyes show me nothing,
except that I will be alone.


© April 2019

No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...