Monday, April 22, 2019

Day 21 and 22 - NaPoWriMo

The Beginning and the End

Out of the darkness,
there was light.
Out of the silence,
there was noise.
Out of the comfort,
there was cold.
Out of the nothingness,
there was too much everything.
If I feared my entry into this existence,
I do not remember.
My exit from this plain, however,
chills me to the bone, and
I will not go so easily.


© April 2019



Earth Day

They appeared in the northern skies at 8:19am EDT.
Seemingly friendly, their craft sat for hours waiting.
Crowds started to gather around the world expecting
a message, a sign, a warning, an explanation.
Suddenly, the ship verged off towards a small island
in the Pacific Ocean, with no inhabitants,
emptied years ago, so someone could conduct tests
(yes those kind, very hush hush).
A beam descended dropping a parcel on a strip of beach
where no human could see its landing.
The crowds slowly dispersed after the visitors left at 8:42pm PDT.
Social media was full of possibilities of who or what had arrived.
After a month the whole episode was forgotten.
Years later, scientists discovered an organism (they called it voom)
in the world’s water supply, but couldn’t explain what it was
or how it got there. However, the earth was healing
and they were extremely happy.


© April 2019


No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...