Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Day 16 - NaPoWriMo

Purple


Passion and depression,
the story of my life since menopause.
One day full of pansy laughter and hope,
the next, a search for a mind-quieting lull
after a night of insomnia (again).
Purple rules my wardrobe
and my life. No thoughts for peaceful cares,
just a lonely five km walk along the dyke
to stem the unhappy string of knotted thoughts.
Dreams, when they come, are obtuse and unrewarding.
Hormones have their purposes, not only for the body,
but also for the mind. Now it’s tentative at best,
an arguing world at worst. Oh, to be five again,
and only see the day as a book, a bath, and a blanket
dragging on the floor.


© April 2019

No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...