Thursday, April 18, 2019

Day 18 - NaPoWriMo


All the Houses I Have Lived In

After Lucia Berlin’s ‘The Trouble with All the Houses I’ve Lived In’

wartime stark white bungalow
three quickie moves then a brand-new bungalow next door to a school
brand-new two-story with a gorgeous view, stayed six months
corner lot on a busy street, discovered AM radio
purple shag carpet, discovered boys
dreary townhouse in the middle of nowhere
former monastery lands, strange roof style that kept upstairs very warm in summer
university housing, multi-level, rotating cast of characters
first condo with my first dog, no style, stayed six months
second condo with a better view, discovered love and true friendship
first home as a couple, brand-new brick façade with no grass the first year
a ‘Vancouver’ special (not my style at all, rushed purchase)
two-storey on a large lot on a cul-de-sac, longest I’ve lived anywhere in my life


© April 2019




No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...