Friday, April 12, 2019

Day 11 and 12 - NaPoWriMo

Origin Story


Opening scene. A gorgeous autumn day on Ile Montréal.

Scene after scene of houses and schools across Canada,
From east to west,
then back east,
then back west again.
In all of them, the same girl, alone, off to the side.

Closing scene. A solitary Douglas fir, surrounded by boreal forest, waits for the signal
to speak.


© April 2019



Transported


If only I could go back to the day before you died,
so I could ask you why you didn’t tell me
when you got married.

If only I could go back to the day after Dad died,
so I could ask you to explain your statement
about leaving him.

If only I could go back to the day we moved for the umpteenth time,
so I could ask you and Dad what was wrong this time.

If only I could go back to the day you threw out my tarot cards,
so I could tell you to f*** o**

If only I could go back to the day I got my tattoo,
so I could take a photo of it and send to you in the past and
see your reaction.

You tried so hard to force me to fit into your idea of a daughter
that you missed living your life for yourself.

My life is mine to live as I see fit. Mistakes, warts, and all.


© April 2019


No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...