Sunday, April 1, 2018

1st day of Poetry Month 2018

Cathedral Grove, Vancouver Island


Holy be those Douglas fir,
uplifting the ivory-cirrus skies;
their feet buried under leaves
left by last year’s autumn waltz;
christen bright buds to awaken
in dreams of sunlight and dew;
fling open spring’s front door.

A stump of a chair,
positioned for her majesty,
glimpses the rays
for a Dendroctonus pseudotsugae
whose mother has flown.

Look up to the canopy of life;
oft-shore breezes bring in
evening warmth, a blanket stolen
from limbs surrounding the heart.

There is a strong sense of the almighty
among this life before me
and a peace through which all blessings flow,
seeping in and weaving throughout
my emerging soul.


© Catherine Woods 2018

No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...