Thursday, April 5, 2018

5th day of Poetry Month

The Gloaming


The day runs down like children down a hill 
among the greening meadows. Irish ancestors call to me
through mighty stands of Hawthorne; luscious laughter
brought on by ancient stories told as
smooth pebbles in a well-worn shoe.
Carlow wishes all a pleasant sleep until the morrow.
Close your eyes to the majestic permanence of Kelly green
to dream of family spectors brought down by unrequited love.
Hold close my heart, or it will break in pieces
as sirens whisper pleas in coming darkness,
bewitched at twilight by the blood within.


© 2018 Catherine Woods


No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...