Wednesday, April 4, 2018

4th day of Poetry Month 2018

We are all just vessels


Words
that I fear
must be spoken aloud,
written down for all to see.
I am old
I will die
All of us will die
someday
unexpectedly.

The time will come for all of us to sleep forever.
And we mustn’t fight this change
as we fight other changes 
like divorce or layoffs or restorations.
We must accept this reality
as we accept a new Starbucks tea latte 
or a new Netflix film
in a nonchalant manner
as we toss out a tea bag.

We’re all going to leave this reality.
It’s inevitable. 
It’s black and white like a chess set.
It’s red as blood, green as grass, blue as the sky.

We’re all going to die
But it is not the end, it’s just the 
beginning of another journey
in a different place to go to
where change is change
and death is only part of the journey there.


© 2018 Catherine Woods 

No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...