Saturday, April 14, 2018

Day 14 of Poetry Month 2018

A Lake and Me


The lake is still reflective of surrounding beauty,
reflective as it shows a forest grown,
as children grow beside it to their future.
A future that marks a path of time and space,
a time where every day is new,
a space where our eyes weep unforgiven, and
I see with open eyes those expected promises reside.
Open to the possibilities beyond the door and window;
it is the door I seek to find,
and I know when it is there right before me.
If it is closed, my hand will turn the knob
and we will see the lake together, if in its glory still.


© 2018 Catherine Woods

No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...