Wednesday, April 11, 2018

11th day of Poetry Month

What You Want and What I Need are Two Different Things


1.
What is change?
Required disruption.
Not what was before.
Upsetting.
Change is coming
and I cannot sleep.
I cannot stop it,
nor do I want to,
but neither am I happy.
It’s so confusing.
You say, ‘Change helps us grow’.
You say, ‘Change makes us better’.
I want to accept the change,
but it means I’m not in control
and I need control.
So, I try to accept the need for change.
I will make statements & decisions, perform actions & tasks
that will seem illogical
but this is how I cope—
with change.

2.
I need there to be a plan,
for what will happen in the future.
So, I know what’s going to happen,
where I am going,
where you are going.
You may have plans, but I don’t know them so that makes me
ANXIOUS.
I don’t need the whole plan,
I just need to know that there is 1.
I just need to know you’re ready for change,
‘Cause the only thing that’s constant in this world is
change.

So People, can we talk?


© Catherine Woods 2018

No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...