Sunday, April 30, 2017

Day 30 of Poetry Month

The month is at an end, but I will NOT stop writing a poem every day. I feel so much better for it. And yes, I will enter some of my poems into contests and magazines. I've gotten hooked on the responses, the criticism, the banter, and most definitely the praise.

So for today, here you go.

These words are mine, but I will share them with you


The words I write do not have to sound                                                                                                    
As light as Browning’s “How do I love thee”
Or as smooth as Williams’ “ The Red Wheelbarrow”
Or as tight as Shakespeare’s “Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day”.

The images I portray are not necessarily places I have been to
Or seen in a feature film
Or witnessed in a calendar
Or glanced at in National Geographic.

The wisdom I unfold here is not purely for myself,
Though I might want it so
For I am shy,
But for the masses seeking truth in these uncertain times.


© Catherine Woods 2017

No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...