Thursday, April 20, 2017

Day 20 of Poetry Month

Just one line to say how much he means to me and how I can't live without him.

I wait for you


I sit and wait
For you will return to me,
And we will walk together
Among the giant cedars,
Towering over our heads as giants,
Watching over us as gods,
Protecting us from harm
(and there is so much harm in the world these days),
and we will walk together
as we have these past 32 years,
hand in hand,
remembering the swords and gravestones
from that April 20th,
remembering Anne Murray’s limousine,
it’s comfy grey seats,  
it’s wide expanse,
that took us from the church to dinner far too quickly,
not giving us the time to pause and reflect
on all that was before and would be there in future,
a future still with you.


© Catherine Woods 2017

No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...