Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Day 11 of Poetry Month

Free flow is surprising and confusing and a delight, if and when it happens. It did today.

Hold, Stay, Flow


I see no words,
Only sounds mouthed silently.
A pattern full of clip-ped tones invades.
I wait for inspiration yet again
And receive no                                                                    clues,
Or only lines of complicated rhythms
Basted with colours and meter
But not for you or me to understand.
The flow, it goes, on and on and on.
I type with speed and typos
I see no end but feel the thread continue through the seconds, minutes, moments.
Her voice, my muse, is low and I can barely hear her
Though now the sounds of the outside world invade and I am losing reception.
And She is gone.


© Catherine Woods 2017

No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...