Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Day 25 of Poetry Month

It's amazing what I will say when I can hide behind the internet. I can be very strong and very political and very forward.

Blame

For the rising waters and increasing drought, who is to blame?
For the indignant youth and radicalized, who is to blame?
For the racist stares and Brexit win, who is to blame?
For the thousands of refugees crossing in the darkest of nights, who is to blame?
For the murdered and missing indigenous women, who is to blame?
For the scare tactics of the narcissistic dictators, who is to blame?
For the protests and marches and placards and banners, who is to blame?
For the increased tariffs and escalating duties, who is to blame?
For the dying and crying children of the world, who is to blame?
For the melting glaciers and dwindling stocks, who is to blame?
For the yelling and screaming and violence that never seems to stop these days, who is to blame?
I sit alone on a wooden park bench in silence and wonder if I am to blame.


© Catherine Woods 2017

No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...