Saturday, April 1, 2017

First Day of Poetry Month

It's April 1st and the start of Poetry Month again.

#courage

            For Gord and Aunt Betty

It couldn’t come at a worse time
Time runs out for everyone
Everyone sees me, but doesn’t know
Know the pain, the torture, agony, and anxiety.

Anxiety, like a prickly pear, flows
Flows into every microsecond of every day
Day in, day out, day in, day out,
Out of reality.

Reality is an acceptance of what is.
Is it all in my head?

Head, my head, it hurts,
Hurts through every cell of my mortal body.
Body, my body, it aches,
Aches through every hour of every day of every month.


Month twenty-three of this journey and I’m still alive.

© Catherine Woods 2017

No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...