Thursday, April 21, 2016

Day 21 of Poetry Month - April 2016

Another look back and forward to the page. I've given myself permission to write these words, without any regret. I feel so much better.

Poetry’s Bare Facts

naked elimination of the soul; facing the bare-faced 
truth stripped down to the blood 
and bone; raw flesh seething, oozing passion
out of every pore; a complete and utter lack of
bodily containment.
breathing the most I can; holding back nothing
but time itself;
writing and not thinking; letting the thoughts
escaped unrestrained; to be expressed
as merely words, a letter here,
a letter there, a colon, a hyphen,
space space.
fingers, an extension of the mind used for no unearthly
reason but to server the Muse.
an urge uncontrolled,
calmly ebbing,
peacefully returning to its home.

© Catherine Woods 1994 – 2016

No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...