Friday, April 8, 2016

The Eighth of April

The weather here is gorgeous and has been for a few days. I find fine weather brings the muse out.


Box of Words

I’m sitting on a box words
that came out of my head,
all neatly printed on scraps of page
with lines crossed out and new words added haphazardly
to sentence ends and paragraph beginnings.
Some of the words are mine;
some belong to another woman who isn’t here
anymore. She left to travel the world,
in search of a happier life and fuller purse.
I miss her now and then, but her words of wisdom and hope
help me pass through with my restless days
and sleepless nights.


© April 2016

No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...