Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Two days in the middle of April 2016 - Poetry Month

The following two poems are from my 'box of words', a packing box that's been with me since the mid-1990s. 

Fresh Breezes
lilies scent sweetly as
sun’s dust rays glide by
through a leaf-net canopy;
I perceive the sky.
the wind whistles blissfully through
clouds that dissipate while
robins sing overtures to angles of love;
I lie with a lover of rapture.

wine fills my senses to
lighten my head;
my eyes see a hero,
“no fighting”, you said;
cool breathes the forest of willow white daisies;
off on a wave of joy and deceptions I fall;
pillows of velvet moss cushion the blow;
for the lover of nature I knew
long ago.

© Catherine Woods 1980 - 1998


Words That Create Images, Do So Falsely
An indifferent sky
covers a forget-me-not forest.
Pantomine birds

nest in pentagon trees.
Slowly, not softly,
the hideous sun casts its shadow

over false grass
sprouting forth at rocks’ knees.
A vision of loveliness

oozing with loneliness
creates a substantial reward
for the mind.

© Catherine Woods 1980 - 1998

No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...