Friday, April 15, 2016

Day 13, 14, and 15 of Poetry Month

I've been sick. This is my excuse for not posting for the past three days. So I'll post three poems today.

Your music leads me to my ancient home
      for Loreena
 
You
wore wine;
I wore green.
Incandescent
sky, mint-blue grasses
joined; one inspiration,
one chalice. You lured me through
a portal to your history.
Senses overwhelmed with mandolin
and harp. Moons crescent by standing
stones; spirits gather, relieved,
I am returned. Concrete
shadows have gone soft.
No mists on the
rolling hills,
remain
still.
[copyright 1998]


Take a life that’s your own
for Heather, only she knows why

I call out, but no one is listening
respectively,
so I kick over the chair.

I write a note, but it is read
mistakenly,
so you do not understand.

I grab for life to save me from falling;
decomposing,
it slips from my hand.

I wait alone for my redemption;
assuredly,
God calls my name.

[copyright 1999]


Daughter’s Forgiveness
      On Mother’s Day 2013

So many wish their mothers well
Make them breakfast
Wash their cars
Paint their toenails
Wish them a happy, special day
Phone them long distance
Bring them coffee and Danish in bed
Do their laundry
Wash the dishes
Brew a cuppa tea
Fluff their pillows
Buy them a chrysanthemum.

But you’re not alive
So I can’t do the niceties
Or say kind words
Or hug
Or kiss
Only cry.

I miss you, Mom.
So on this Mother’s Day,
I’ll give you the only gift I can
My forgiveness
Of the things you didn’t say or do.
I love you.
I LOVE YOU.

[copyright May 2013]



No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...