Thursday, May 25, 2017

When she comes, she certainly makes her presence known

She comes, she goes. Lately, she's come more often, and usually when I ask for help.

The Muse Insightful

She holds a door
she sits behind, and in
her time, she turns the knob
and opens up my mind:
to the wonderment of icy snow
upon a whither tree or a statute of a man
walking in daylight to see his girl or,
maybe, to his mother’s home
on a Sunday afternoon in May;
to the sheerness of the air, and
how it covers all the lives
of all the people
on all the world,
without their knowing or caring why;
to the truth inside the eyes
of those we love and those we hate
and those who pass by unannounced
and unafraid, who see no future
in a past worth saving;
to the words upon this page
and the letter combinations that I write,
none out of place, none overused,
each put outside the door
for all to wish upon, as stars.



© Catherine Woods 1999, 2017

No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...