Thursday, July 20, 2017

Looking for the answer

Some days I wonder why I need to yell so loud, and then I write.

Let Me Know I am Worthy

I open the door to a brave new world of my choosing
and I open up my mouth to speak. I don’t who care listens, or if I’m ignored,
I just have to say my peace. Silence is killing me slowly, smothering
my own self-worth. The thoughts in my head are exploding, they’re painting themselves
blue and purple, yellow, ebony, asphalt,
and green. Nothing straightforward is easy; the harder the task,
the greater the reward. It’s the prize at the end of the journey,
the pat on the back that I crave. A hug from my mother, so long passed away,
that would get me on through to the end of this day. To stand
on the edge of the White Cliffs of Dover (metaphorically speaking), all I want is a nod,
or a wave, or a gesture acknowledging existence,
letting me know that the words I have written
have not been in vain.


© Catherine Woods 2017







No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...