Saturday, July 1, 2017

Happy Birthday to my Home

Here's a first pass of my present to Canada. First installment of many.

150 Visions of Canada (Part I)


Haida Gwaii weeps
for Indigenous peoples;  
our Spirit Bear stirs.

Cattle roam through dry
prairie grasslands as dinosaurs
in Drumheller sleep.

Polar bears vanish.
Many suicides prompt tears,
flood Portage and Main.

Skyscrapers ascend
as jays glide to centre field;
maple leaves turn blue.

 Montreal, Quebec:
city ‘Yes’ and ‘no’ sides clash
yet become distinct.

The rock protects but
limits who and how and why
as cod remember.



© Catherine Woods 2017

No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...