Saturday, July 4, 2020

Prompt - Light

I See the Light

Thanks to Billy Collins

At first, this page is bare,
no happy thoughts to draw or sketch and
all I feel is loneliness and sorrow,
there seems no point to keep the engine running.
So, I set my eyes upon the light within the pages
of his words and I am free,
free to wander along hills of Nova Scotia
or rocky shores beside Cape Cod, where I can see
the brightness of the swirling waters,
the readiness of tides that never cease,
the clear and present steadiness of time returning,
always keeping me in mind when it decides to
capture my attention with a word or two.
How words can paint a picture with their touch,
express emotions with a sound or
flying above the ground with texture in between,
then I am off on an excursion through the valleys green
and flowers lavender, until I reach the whitest cliffs
where I will stop and breathe,
just breathe the life within me full of light
and melancholy, but it is rightly mine.



© June 2020

No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...