Sunday, June 4, 2017

Now is the time to open your mouth and say ...

To speak, you need bravery and knowledge and confidence. Or you need to be older without fear.
Before now than never.

To speak out is to learn of yourself

I want to shout the words even though
I’m afraid of what you might say.
I’m tired of hiding behind reason and prosperity.
I want you to know my thoughts, my desires, my wants,
my mistakes, my loves, and my hates. I want to type
in ALL CAPS All over this page,
screaming out truths and lies before
I’m gone. I want not to be afraid of leaving
by giving you all of knowledge,
my 60 years of trivia, junk, spam, worthless letter combination,
presented prose, and unmetered syntax.
I want you to know who I am and to know
who I was, and who I will be. Yes, I still dream.
I want to stand alone on a stage in front of
thousands of people staring at me
while I read my words and think of them
as naked like me.

© Catherine Woods 2017

No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...