Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Words That Appear Timeless

Someday all of these meanderings will come to something and I will be vindicated. Until then, I dream.

When time again resigns itself to fail

Rekindle
the violet to the very
lady's-slipper

--- W.C. Williams

Choose how to close this day and then begin to alter
all the recipes for a setting sun, dip slowly into
oranges and blues ---- clear out the shadows.
Rekindle night by a fairy's wand

replacing snow with snow and rain with rain;
throughout the virgin meadows, grasses grow
to reach beyond the stars ---- if light is thought
and thought is brighter here; the violet to the
very end wilts

in a passionate way, smiling through pain
and time's most recent failure to recall the
meaning of itself ---- a lady's slipper
pause to cry.

[(c) 1998]

No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...