Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Some thoughts on Emily Dickinson

Unrepentant 

Not for Emily

As a form, it is not fluid
Square peg in a round hole,
I cannot condone her scriptures,
to grasp what does not glow.
There is no place for me in this
unforgiving closet.
I am not a rock, a diamond,
but a soft hosanna.


© May 2019



Death Blocks The Way


Death is to travel, not return
Death is a space unwelcome
Death is an unbecoming phase of life
Death is so comatose

It is not death that I do fear
It is not death I worship
It is not death for just death’s sake
It is not death repentant

Knowledge comes full stop at death
Wise words present themselves at death
All pain and cries will cease at death
Creation sings its song at death


© May 2019

No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...