Wednesday, August 1, 2018

A Poetry Reading - Different this time

I went to a poetry reading at the beginning of May at FOLD in Brampton, Ontario. I wasn't impressed; I felt out of place; I felt old.

I went to a poetry reading a few weeks ago at the Vancouver Public Library. I was impressed; I felt challenged; I felt like I belonged.

Within a room of poets at VPL

Chairs with red seats
Persons of all shapes, sizes, colours
Talking
Discussing
Gazing at their smartphones
Waiting
Remembering
Keeping their spirits close
Holding their words inside
Still waiting
Then listening to poets
Speaking
Whispering
Laughing at real life
Vocalizing anguish
Recalling abuse and terror
Reliving horror upon horror upon        loss
Uttering words that mean so much
To them
To us
To everybody
To the infinite point of existence
Out there


© Catherine Woods 2018

No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...