Tuesday, August 15, 2017

A door opens and what's on the other side

Today I found something I wasn't expecting.

A Door 


Today I took a photo of a gate into a cemetery. I walked
through it unaffected, unexpected. Seeing more than headstones,
I continued walking past Chinese, Greek, and Cyrillic characters,
past benches, past cannons, past fountains, past guns. Past soldiers
graves, I spied a tank being cleaned.

Today I walked through a cemetery and thought of my father,
interred in another cemetery 16 kilometers to the west, and
gave him what he deserved,
my forgiveness and my love.

© Catherine Woods 2017

No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...