Sunday, September 14, 2008

Weekends are made for wasting

It's another beautiful sunny day in September. Weather affects different people you in different ways. Both inside and out. So does geography. In subtle ways that you don't realize until you're confronted with something out of the ordinary.

Who says I am not coloured?
for Maya

And this day too will pass
onto a blackened nightfall;
I see you from the inside out.
The skin to a cover only (not a brick wall;
not a locked door; not a
sentence of death) to keep the weather
from the heart and lungs.

Do you see me crawl?
I do not call for help
from any of you back-boys.
Must you shout the truth about
our destiny? Is it not yours also?

The mask you wear reflects the light
of all returning souls. It is the
brightness of our lives that gives
the heaven fruit. Not the
pigment of our skins.

I am as black
as white will
closet you.

[©1999]

No comments:

For shame. I've forgotten to post.

Just realized I haven't posted since last May. I'll try to be better in future. Dust to Dust Someone let a fly inside the house inst...